Saturday, June 5, 2010

P4 155.8

Totally happy with the weight at this point and I think the biggest key for me is that through this process I have learned to modify my eating and intake and have found myself really not craving food etc as I used to. I think my perspective has changed from one of using food for gratification to one of necessity.There have been a few days where I have found myself hungry and needing to eat but doing it out of necessity rather than a need or desire for any specific thing. Its almost like I can take it or leave it so to speak in regard to making food choices. I am not perfect with this by any means though and have to admit last monday i ate not one but two ice cream bars... but the funny thing though is that I used to be a sugar addict big time and a major carb lover. Now its just moderation and other than the ice cream bars last week really have avoided refined sugars etc.

Im learing with the weight, emotions, life experiences etc that it is all about balance. I am trying to find that balance in my life and searching for the place where I am healthy internally and externally. I am not sure if I mentioned that I have started meditating which I have to admit has really helped a tremendous amount! It is a fantastic way to find your center and place of peace. Has helped me alot! I am thinking I need to start some kind of excercise or physical activity and have heard that pilates is a great way to tone and tighten. Have any of you tried it? Would reccomend it etc? Also, wondering if this is the case are there any video's that would be worthwile or would this be something best done in a classroom/gym setting?

2 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how great you sound. I really believe you are in such a good place right now. Finally! You deserve it. You are so right on about it all being abut balance - my life's struggle for sure, but I've finally realized that as well!

    Meditation is amazing. Thank goodness for it.

    I LOVE PILATES! I do Windsor Pilates with DVDs - well, I started but it was too soon after surgery and I'd done it before then - I plan on starting that again after I'm done with the HCG. :)

    *HUGS YOU!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would eventually like to try yoga - I think it's called steam yoga or hot yoga where the temperature in the room is really really high. I've heard excellent things about it.

    Good job on the stabilization - your positive outlook is contagious.

    ReplyDelete