Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Emotional ups and downs

Ok, well I realized that i havent posted much about what has been happening the last bit or so with me emotionally so i grabbed the laptop, and my heating pad and climbed into bed... btw.. i started that TOM today... (hmm.. wonder how much that plays in to the cravings and food binges last night.) Its raining today which i love if you are with your partner and can snuggle up and enjoy it , but the rainy days have been really tough on me for the last year since my husband left to pursue the affair he had going with his secertary... (long story that one.. better for another time.. )

So I went to Old Navy yesterday with my daughter who needed a t-shirt for a project at school and while I was there decided to pick up a couple of new shirts myself. I took them in the dressing room and tried them on.. and you know what.. I absolutely HATE trying on clothes, clothes shopping in general and most especially dressing rooms.. uuugh.. when I look at myself in the mirror at home I can see definate progress and feel good about the results from the weight loss but I swear, the mirrors and the lighting in most dressing rooms always make me walk out of there feeling like Shrek... so as i was thinking about last night.. i wonder how much of that feeling combined in my decision to have a few drinks and a quesadilla? Coincidence? I think not... I have realized without the numbing effects of food and alcohol over the last few weeks that I need to find good/positive ways to help myself feel better and to deal with lonliness, stress and rejection.

I should mention because i cant remember if I did before that I signed up on a free singles web site for dating a couple of weeks ago and it has been good for the most part and kept me distracted which has helped a lot! So I have been communicating online with a number of different guys and have had 5 of them give me their number and want to talk on the phone. Well I have been terrified to do that because naturally if that were to happen and go well they would likely suggest meeting for dinner etc... which would have been terribly akward while on the vlcd phase 2. So anyhow.. i have pretty much avoided that thus far with a couple of exceptions. The first was a guy who chatted with me back and forth for a good week and we seemed to really hit it off well. I got his number and called him last Sunday and we spoke briefly for the first and probbably last time.. We had discussed the important stuff prior to talking on the phone like honesty, integrity, infidelity etc.. well anynow.. the first thing he said to me was... well I know this may sound a bit odd but I need to share this with you,. and he said he grew up in a small town about 2 hours south of here and that is where his family and kids live. What he didnt tell me until our phone conversation is that he still lives in the same house as his exwife when he goes down there !!!! What??? He said they are still friends etc and he is trying to sell the house and move up here and that it is kind of wierd but thats what they are doing... Red flags anyone....!!!! Yeah I thought so too... and with my history of my exhusband cheating on me I figured that this was the last situation I needed to be involved with..... so the rest of the weekend i was thinking about it and thinking about how some people believe you have to learn the lesson from the life experiences that you have so that you dont have to keep repeating the same lessons over and over and continue drawing or manefesting the same circumstances into your life etc.. and it made me think... so what part of this do i need to get, heal etc.. so that I am not attracting this kind of bs into my life and or another person without integrity...? Im still working on figuring that one out.. anyhow.. I know its a long post but one more thing i have noticed is that when i think about meeting these new people for the first time, sometimes i feel excited and have a positive attitude thinking that if we click thats great and if we dont, then its not meant to be etc... and then the negitive thoughts or side of that leave me thinking that there are so many skinny, cute, young, single girls out there.. that there is no way i can compete and how is anyone going to be able to overlook the fact that i am still a good 40 lbs or so overweight and have a bunch of stretch marks and an apron of skin.. which gets more pronounced as i loose weight.. so it leaves me feeling very inadequite and depressed. Dont get me wrong, I know I have some fantastic qualities but in this superficial world sometimes its all about the chemestry and attraction and weight etc.. sooo... theres where im at emotionally.... will keep you posted.

5 comments:

  1. ya know what I think? Yes, there's a lot of the world that is invested in the superficial, 'what size does she wear', 'how much money do they make', sort of stuff. BUT. If he (Mr. Wonderful) is worth anything, they're not going to be affected by that crap. He's going to see the real you. And ya know what? He's probably not perfect either. However, that is not to say that you shouldn't have some standards, and that when your inner alarms are going off, listen to them! Your intuition is given to you for a reason.

    You're gonna find the right person, and by that time, you will be the right person for them too. Don't rush into anything. Maybe its good that you're taking some time for yourself, and doing this diet. It helps YOU put the focus back on YOU. So often, I find that those of us who struggled with being overweight, put ourselves on the bottom of the list, if we even made it onto the list at all. We love to put other people into our lives, so that we don't have to focus on ourselves and our struggles. Be careful of trying to find someone just now, and take the luxury of time that you now have, to do for YOU. Its a unique opportunity you have.

    There will be time to include others in your life, but maybe you should give yourself a chance to discover yourself more, and learn to be happy with you. If you aren't happy with you, you ultimately won't be happy with anyone else, and 'he' can't make you happy. Enjoy going out with friends, and try making new friends. Don't put any pressure on trying to make it something more just now. You are healing and mending- take time to deal with those issues and become whole as a person, so that you have everything to offer someone else. I've found that most people are looking for someone else to make them feel better about themselves, or 'fix' them. Good, healthy relationships just don't work that way. Not that anyone of us makes it to 'perfect', but generally speaking, needy people will attract needy people. Haven't you found that? You don't want someone with those issues. Wait and find someone that is coming from a healthy, strong place. The gift you will share with each other will be a strong, healthy and GIVING relationship. When you are needy, or he is needy, its a TAKING relationship.

    You are young, very pretty, & have a lovely personality that shines through in your posts. You're feeling a little bruised (OK maybe a lot bruised?) by your separation/divorce. But you will grow past that, and be a stronger, more confident woman because of it. Those are qualities that will make someone a very lucky partner indeed!

    yes, I definitely think that hormones played a part in your cheat last night. Don't beat yourself up over it. Tomorrow is another day- Stand back up, and get back on track.

    hugs to you! (sorry for sounding like I'm on a soapbox-- I say this as a been there/done that sort of thing)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely encouragement and insight! I am trying my best to stay focused and positive on the things that I can do to enrich my life and expand my interests. I am a full believer in the intuition and that is one lesson that I have definately learned from all of this is to trust it!
    Its so nice to know that in so many way we are all struggling with similar issues or have experienced them and been able to come out on top! Thank you again for your kind words and support! I think you have great insight and truly appreciate you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really feel your pain through your post- and I am happy though we have this forum to vent and to release the negative energy. I do feel your Shrek like feeling - it is the demon inside our brain , funny how our mirrors and our house gives us power and strength. I really understand and have felt where you are!
    I also know that when I had to bury my boyfriend in college due to a drunk driving accident I really was so out of it and down on being happy that I turned to myself and worked on me- WEll let me rephrase- God worked on me! and I let him!
    Turn your time on task to you and healing you - I really appreciate your honesty though- life is hard and you are strong enough to fight the demon of depressive behaviour and rekindle the fire to be the best you can!
    Our potential is measured by the size of our hearts. Some one( when you lest expect it) will see your potential and heart and invest in it!
    Yes- there are tons of beautiful poeple out there- you are one of them. You will find someone as well who has great potential and a great heart. If it wrapped in a great package- great - that is a bonus!
    Don't get ahead of yourself and think about the big picture, take baby steps- day by day to find the happiness. Also nothing of quality comes quickly. I am so proud of you for starting the journey and facing unhappiness enough to move on with your life- so Go for it- eat clean today! deal with today! You are amazing today! Hang in there and keep us posted! As far as the meeting new people- I agree on the red flags! Way to trust your instincts!
    Work on you- becasue you are worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweetie, I've been out of the loop for some time. I am just catching up with you. I have to echo what the other ladies have said. Goodness, girl, you are gorgeous in every way. You've been so beat down... you need to take some time for YOU to rediscover and fall in love with YOU, because you are SO lovable. SO beautiful in every way. Sexy, funny, bright, lively, and FUN. Find that out for yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to add a comment here to mention thanks for you very nice ideas. Blogs are troublesome to run and time consuming thus I appreciate when I see well written material. Your time isn’t going to waste with your posts. Thanks so much and stick with it No doubt you will definitely reach your goals! have a great day!hcg wholesale private label

    ReplyDelete