Monday, April 12, 2010

Yes it is Monday Day 13 P2 vlcd +.2

Ok, well so this morning I was not down, however I am going to stay on track and keep going! I spent a few hours last night when I got home from the store cutting all of the fat off of some beef that I purchased and after weighing put in the food processor with the ground up melba toast to make my own meatballs that are within the protocol! Once I season the beef with spices I use a minature ice cream/ cookie scoop to portion the meatballs exactly alike. Then into a baking dish they go in a 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes with the homade italian / tomato sauce. I cut up an equal ammount of tomatoes to the portions of meat that i measured, season with italian herbs, garlic etc and cook that sauce down for an hour or so. It gets poured over the meatballs and they bake in the oven together. I then seperate the meatballs (usually about 4 or so) into a tupperware and divide the sauce evenly and voila..... so far hands down the best thing i have come up with to eat on this diet!! I freeze the remaining portions and it makes into an easy and quick lunch... for anyone that hasnt tried this or that likes italian I would highly reccomend it!!

So the countdown is on... Last night I also went through every single recipie in my betty crocker cookbook to discern what i can come up with to eat in phase 3 that will be yummy and delicious!! I have to say that out of everything the things i am most looking forward to in Phase 3 ,.. Guacamole / w vegis or a spoon... which ever is handy... Blue cheese chip dip / w vegis , My Cream Cheese stuffed Bacon wrapped Jalipeno peppers.. YUM! Deviled eggs, and last but not least stuffed mushrooms!! By the way... if you didnt notice I love food, the smell, the thought, preparing, and eating it!! Yes I am definately a "Foodie" and love to cook!!

If anyone has any great recipies for things they have found or love for phase 2 or 3 please feel free to share! I would love any and all suggestions !!

Emotionally I am going great today... planning a girls weekend in Park City in May for my birthday and staying focused on good concious choices... i also did something outside the box today which was to visit the "dog park" near my home!! It was alot of fun and I will definately be back! Not to mention that one of the patrons who was there struck up a conversation with me for a few mintues.... (Just between us, I am thinking this may be a great way to meet guys... and more importantly those who love dogs and care about theirs enough to take them out!! )

Hope everyone has a great night!!

ps, I dreamed I had cream in my coffee last night..... funny, i have dreamed about food the last two days in a row... LOL

1 comment:

  1. Those italian meatballs sound scrumptious! I'm going to have to give those a try. Whenever I'm on in P2, I find that I'm reading food magazines, watching food shows, etc much more than I normally do. I love that you're dreaming food!!

    ReplyDelete