Saturday, April 10, 2010

My First Post! Day 11 Phase 2 vlcd first timer!

Hello there!

I am starting this blog at the suggestion of a good friend of mine who has been on the Hcg journey and had had amazing results! We have talked and she has shared with me that as you go through the process of losing weight physically that it is also wise to deal with the emotional issues that come up as well!

I knew that when I started this journey with the decision to try the hcg diet that it was due to needing a change in my life as well as a pattern interupt for myself. I have a hard time accepting change and yet despite my unwillingness towards it my life in the last year has been full of changes and realizations. Many of which I feel are unfolding now and will continue to on this journey to find myself and peace.

To start some quick facts.. I have been carrying around extra weight now for the last 16 years since my first pregnancy. I used to (in teens) by 120-125 lbs or so which for my frame is a size 4-6. Since having my first child, I have had an average weight of around 160 which equals a size 14 or so. When I started this protocol a couple of weeks ago, I was 175 lbs with an after loading weight peaking at 181. That is what I am chosing to measure my total losses from.

To date I have lost a total of 13.5 lbs total.

I am starting this blog in hopes to help me find out more about myself and also the extra baggage i have been carrying around for so long! Please bear with me as I share and write and forgive my errors with grammar, spelling and such. This is a first for me!!

Soooooo.. I thought i was doing just find right up until yesterday afternoon and ALLLLL I could think about was pizza and a full bottle of red wine that i have at home!!! I am telling you.. i called 3 friends, did research online and even had my kids chime in that I should stick with this before I finally accepted that I wasnt going to cheat!! Wow... (when i get something in my head its hard to shake...LOL) What I have realized today after some thought and pondering is that I am not feeling comfortable right now.. and that my desire yesterday was more for something self soothing to make me "temporarily " feel good than it was for anything else. I also realized that this is one of the patterns that I need to break in order to be healthy, emotionally, physically and spiritually reconnect with myself! I have for far to long chosen the safety of routine, the path of least resistance and tolerated way to much from those that were closest to me. I am going to discover what Healthy is in the full sense of the word!

Well as i said, new to this so I apoligize for the long post!! Here we goooooo!! =)

2 comments:

  1. HOORAY! I found you! Welcome to the blogosphere! :) I am so proud of you for not cheating. You are worth doing this and although it gets challenging sometimes, you CAN do this!

    *HUG*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angel! Welcome to the hcg blogosphere! Jump in, the water's fine. I had a lot of trepidation about blogging at first, but helderheid held my hand and convinced me that everything would be OK, and that it would help me with my hcg journey. She was right! You will meet some of the most wonderful and supportive people. They are there for you when you need it.

    Hang in there with the emotional triggers that can cause cheats. We all have them, and its good that you are recognizing the stuff that starts them. Don't forget to put some L-Glutamine powder under your tongue when you get cravings for sweets. It will cut the craving almost immediately. The L-Glutamine comes in capsule form, but you just sprinkle some under your tongue and let it sit there for a minute or so. It is tasteless. It helps a lot.

    I look forward reading more about your journey....

    ReplyDelete